Visualisation Laboratory Software
- Discreet Combustion
- 2D Visual compositing software
- Final Cut Pro
- Editing software
- Side Effects 'Houdini'
- A very powerful suite of modelling,
animation and compositing tools. Used for
both realtime VR environments, and animating
visualization sequences for playback on video. The system
has a steep learning curve - ie it doesn't
suit the occasional user, but provides
expert users with all the functionality
needed to produce animation of the highest
- Multiscreen/sound/tracking/interactive VR
- Pixar's PhotoRealistic Renderman (PRman)
- This 3D rendering software provides support for scenes of high
complexity, and employs an open procedural interface to
material properties through their 'Shader' language. We use in-house
shade-ops for doing volume rendering of large data sets with PRman.
- This public domain package from the
is a highly interactive 3d fluid flow visualization package.
It is targetted at meteorological flow but it is useful for any flow
- Miscellaneous SGI development software.
- We have a range of s/w for development of
visualization applications. This includes Open GL, the
Open Inventor toolkit and tools for producing
and viewing VRML (virtual reality modelling language) data.
- Miscellaneous image manipulation tools
- Suitable for preparing imagery for format conversion,
web presentation, animation production etc