If you cannot find the information you need on these web pages, or you have a problem you cannot resolve, please send email to with:
- a meaningful summary of your query for the email Subject
- Your login name on the system, and your project code
- Which system your query relates to (vu, xe, mdss etc)
- The working directory you are in when entering the problem command
- The problem command
- The full error message
- The location of whatever is relevant of the following
- batch job script file
- batch job error and output files
- executable being run
- source code
- Makefile or commands used to compile the executable
- When we reply to you the Subject will include a Ticket Number. If you need to send any follow-up information, do reply to the email containing this Ticket number.
- When we have resolved your issue and we haven't asked you to verify it, please don't respond with a thank-you as that will reopen the ticket unnecessarily!
- If you have another query on another topic, please send a new email with a new appropriate Subject line to allow a new ticket number to be assigned.
Staff will attend to queries during normal business hours in the ACT. You may receive replies at other times, but please do not depend on this happening (for example, in requesting actions to be taken on running jobs).
Reporting System Problems
If you suspect a system problem, send email to .
Out of hours: Your email may be read and responded to outside working hours by NF staff. If there is no response from NF staff, there is a procedure which can be used in exceptional cases only to report a problem out-of-hours.